15 years in the European Union
- Benefits of being an EU member. Experience of Poland, Baltic states and Slovakia
- In search of a new Europe. A need for a fresh view
- After the European elections – power structure, expectations and projections
- Europe versus protectionism, trade barriers and limitations
- Eastern neighbourhood in a new Europe. Opportunities and threats for Poland and the Baltic states
- How will the EU’s future budget respond to social challenges and expectations?
- Fifteen years of Eastern Poland – effects of changes. The role of support from the European Union
Eastern Poland – challenges for the future
- Utilisation of EU funds – an attempt at assessment
- Content, coverage and potential expansion of the “Eastern Poland” programme
- Impact of major infrastructural north-south investments on regional development
- Development models, support models. Metropolitan and non-urbanised areas of Eastern Poland
- Major investments in Eastern Poland
- Role of local government in creating conditions for economic development
THE SUBJECT MATTER
Foreign direct investments (FDIs) in Poland
- Factors determining the location of FDIs in Poland
- Eastern Poland in the eyes of foreign investors
- Relations between local authorities and foreign investors
- Cultural differences, formal legal issues, tax system
- Prospects of FDI inflow to Poland
- Experience of foreign investors
Start-ups in Eastern Poland
- Effective tools to implement start-up solutions. Risks and threats
- Success of start-ups and what’s next? In search of a universal formula
- Potential of local institutions to support start-ups
- Development trends and directions of young entrepreneurs in Poland
- Start-ups and investors. Risk of losing independence versus development opportunities
- Innovations as support and an alternative to agriculture. Start-ups in villages?
Dry Port on the Euro-Asian transport route
- Transport and logistics infrastructure between Europe and Asia
- Eastern Poland on the global trading map – how can the existing infrastructure’s potential be used?
- New Silk Route. Experience, prospects, limitations
- Podlaskie – a dry port on the European-Asian route
- Renaissance of railways and development of multimodal transport. New technologies in logistics centres
New trends on the food market
- Where is the market heading? Millennials, growth of affluence, development of digital technologies. Preferences of informed consumers
- On a carousel of trends. A new offer for food producers
- Top quality food, superfood, unprocessed and natural products
- Marketing strategies, packaging and distribution versus life styles. Known brands newly presented
Business and science
- Potential and competitive advantages of universities in Eastern Poland. Leading majors
- Science in cooperation with business – big and small, domestic and foreign
- Commercialisation of research, cooperation models with companies. Role of spin-offs and spin-outs
- Science and employers in dialogue to improve the quality of education and the labour market
- Constitution for Science and other reforms – the role in the education system, commercialisation of research and innovations in the eyes of practical scientists
- A network of universities in Eastern Poland?
Digitisation and new technologies
- Technologies that change the world. Fourth industrial revolution as a sum of opportunities and threats
- Digital transformation as a challenge to companies
- Industry 4.0 – available technologies and conditions related to implementation
- New tools in business – e-commerce, 5G, broadband networks
- Crime and threats in cyber space – learn, protect, prevent
IT Sector – Silicon Forest
- ICT sector in development strategies and economic reality of Eastern Poland
- Achievements and emerging IT centres in the macroregion of Eastern Poland
- Conditions to develop the sector. What are the expectations of the IT sector?
- A system of local and central support. Investors, incubators, accelerators, clusters and technological parks
- “Silicon Forest” as an example of comprehensive efforts to develop an environment for creative business based on IT technologies
Logistics and cross-border infrastructural investments
- Eastern Poland at a crossroads of transcontinental road and railway routes
- Large infrastructural projects – concepts, the reality of cooperation, prospects, place in the EU’s transport policies
- Via Carpatia – the road that will connect the Aegean Sea with the Black Sea, the Adriatic and the Baltic Sea basin
- Railway to the East – Rail Baltica. Progress status
- Connecting Western Europe with the Baltic states – Via Baltica
Future of the food market. Innovations now!
- Agri and food industry in Eastern Poland – Advantages and competition today and tomorrow
- How can exports of food be expanded? Who will replace Russia? In search of new markets, products, business models
- Automation and digitisation. Investments in technologies and effects. Agricultural Valley 4.0
- Combination of natural aspects and tradition with modern developments in the food industry
- Family food businesses. Will the generation of young entrepreneurs revolutionise the market?
- Foreign investments in food industry – a threat or an opportunity?
Energy in local authorities
- Power engineering in villages and towns. EU programmes as a form of fight against exclusion and low emissions
- Programmes improving energy effectiveness and their beneficiaries. Thermo modernisation
- Use of communal waste for energy purposes. Co-generation, geothermal energy, systemic heat. What will local authorities focus on?
- financing possibilities for projects related to energy management
Investments by local authorities and how they are financed
- More difficult funds – EU funds yesterday, today, tomorrow
- Alternative non-EU tools to finance investments. Models, arrangements, partners
- Public-Private Partnership as an opportunity to accelerate infrastructural investments
- End of investment, beginning of troubles? Road management in the region
Cross-border cooperation – experience and prospects
- status and future of cross-border cooperation programmes
- Poland's economic cooperation with Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine and Russia. A view from both sides of the border. Special investment zones
- European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation (EGTCs) “Eastern Poland”. Utilisation of funds from cooperation programmes
- Regional Intelligent Specialisations as a priority for cross-border cooperation
- Poland's eastern border as the EU's border. Cooperation between local authorities, the government and Frontex (EU)
- Challenges of today's labour market – new professions, new technologies, demography
- Professions in demand – who is missing on the labour market in Eastern Poland
- Vocational training as a response to the needs of the labour market. Employers’ expectations and involvement
- Flexibility on the labour market as a response to changes – a fashionable trend or a necessity?
- Labour Code and new migration policies – when will new solutions be implemented?
- Employment Offices in the new market reality. Their role in Eastern Poland
Financing, organisation, HR – several difficult questions about the health service
- additional funds for health services as part of the “Six percent” Act by 2024 – in which areas are funds most badly needed?
- Health care structure in the regions of Eastern Poland
- Number of hospitals, wards, bed designation and utilisation versus rational spending; what should be changed in the organisation of in- and out-patient clinic treatment?
- The role and place of basic health care (POZ) in the health care system; are the competencies of doctors in the basic health care system used appropriately?
- Financing of hospitals. Possibilities to provide funding within the lump-sum system; share of salaries in the costs
- Situation on the market of medical personnel and its impact on the functioning of health services in regions – what are the projections?
EU funds after 2020
- Use of EU development funds – a challenge for the region. Successes and shortcomings of regional programmes
- Support mechanisms in EU programmes after 2020. Prospects for Eastern Poland
- What will change? Repayable funds, methods and potential for use. Priority investment areas
- Financing of territorial cooperation with EU funds – possibilities, needs, potential effects
- Education and new competencies. Universities versus soft regional projects
Renewable Energy Sources (RES) for Eastern Poland
- A green light? Regulatory framework for distributed and prosumer power generation
- Energy clusters – have they proven their worth?
- An investment boom in photovoltaics. Reasons, progress, effects
- Biogas plants, biomass, use of communal waste for energy generation – lost potential?
- RES as a way to energy independence for local authorities
Climate for investors
- The art of encouragement. Attractive for investors – what does that mean?
- Local authorities as a partner to business. What do companies expect, what do they get?
- Sites, infrastructure, transportation – an offer of less urbanised towns and areas
- Multimodal transport centre in Podlasie. With investors for investors
- Labour market – resources, future
- Local regulations and incentives for investors
- The role of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) and clusters in the macroregion. Local leaders, environment and cooperation
- Time for the new generation. Business facing changes
- The process of handing over power in family businesses. Hazards and risks
- The law that supports succession. Proven solutions?
- Succession scenarios. New models of management. The role of external investors
- Specific features of family businesses and attracting new personnel
Globalisation, expansion, cooperation
- Companies from Eastern Poland on global markets – achievements, practice, ambitions
- Strategies for entering foreign markets. Leading sectors, specialisations, leaders
- Available tools supporting economic expansion and their use
Time for green business
- Ecology – does it make business sense? Sustainable development as an offensive trend in the economy Pressure by regulations and consumers
- The renewable energy sector in Eastern Poland – generation and services
- Technologies in waste management. Idea of the circulating economy
- Monitoring first. Technical tools in support of environmental protection
- Eco-construction, thermo modernisation, energy effectiveness – an opportunity for the sector
- Healthy because its natural. Certified products in food industry
Mediation and arbitration
- Economic mediation that is friendly to enterprises
- Application of mediation clauses in trade
- Role of the Arbitration and Mediation Centre
- Meaning of settlement resulting from mediation
- Education on compromise and innovative ways to settle disputes
- Mediation versus reform of the justice system
Social dialogue in public space
- The Act on the Social Dialogue Council has been in effect for 4 years
- How and whom should be listened to so that dialogue can be effective?
- Effectiveness and plans for the future
- The invaluable role of WRDS in developing public space
Strategies in regional development
- Actual impact of strategies on regional policies and the life quality of inhabitants
- Do/how strategic plans stimulate economic growth?
- To who, for whom and what for – addressees of the useful aspects of strategies
- New conditions and new development directions of provinces
- Draft update of the Podlaskie Voivodeship Development Strategy
Nowa Polityka Prywatności i klauzule informacyjne
W związku z odwiedzaniem naszych serwisów internetowych przetwarzamy Twój adres IP, pliki cookies i podobne dane nt. aktywności lub urządzeń użytkownika. Jeżeli dane te pozwalają zidentyfikować Twoją tożsamość, wówczas będą traktowane jako dane osobowe zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady 2016/679 (RODO).
Administratora tych danych, cele i podstawy przetwarzania oraz inne informacje wymagane przez RODO znajdziesz w Polityce Prywatności pod tym linkiem.
Jeżeli korzystasz także z innych usług dostępnych za pośrednictwem naszych serwisów, przetwarzamy też Twoje dane osobowe podane przy zakładaniu konta, rejestracji na eventy, zamawianiu prenumeraty, newslettera, alertów oraz usług online (w tym Strefy Premium, raportów, rankingów lub licencji na przedruki).
Administratorów tych danych osobowych, cele i podstawy przetwarzania oraz inne informacje wymagane przez RODO znajdziesz również w Polityce Prywatności pod tym linkiem. Dane zbierane na potrzeby różnych usług mogą być przetwarzane w różnych celach, na różnych podstawach oraz przez różnych administratorów danych.
Pamiętaj, że w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych przysługuje Ci szereg gwarancji i praw, a przede wszystkim prawo do sprzeciwu wobec przetwarzania Twoich danych. Prawa te będą przez nas bezwzględnie przestrzegane. Jeżeli więc nie zgadzasz się z naszą oceną niezbędności przetwarzania Twoich danych lub masz inne zastrzeżenia w tym zakresie, koniecznie zgłoś sprzeciw lub prześlij nam swoje zastrzeżenia pod adres firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zarząd PTWP ON-LINE Sp. z o.o.