Preliminary subject area
The economy and investment
Innovations in the strategies pursued by the voivodeships of Eastern Poland. Will we catch up with the world?
- Regional strategies for innovation. Ambitions of Eastern Poland and its position on the innovation map of Poland
- Predominant industries and competitive advantages: How to support and reinforce them?
- National Smart Specialisations in the development policy pursued by the regions
- Promises fulfilled to date, and further plans held by the government. The role of social capital, start-ups and innovation
Innovations, research and development
- What is the best way to finance innovations? The grant system and its bureaucratic nature; the volatility and unpredictability of innovative activity
- Co-operation between corporations and start-ups. Are there measurable benefits to both parties? Acceleration: How is it done?
- Support for innovation at various stages of business development: How to select the best forms?
Start-ups in Eastern Poland
- Start-up platforms – a tool for comprehensive support for creation and development of young companies/enterprises in Eastern Poland
- Mentoring, coaching and other specialist services versus the needs of start-ups
- A start-up-friendly ecosystem – the role of local governments, institutions of higher education and economic self-government
Entrepreneurship, economic co-operation and business environment
- Clusters, technological parks and other co-operation tools. Business services
- Co-operation between business and local government units
- Economic promotion and regional marketing – missions, exhibitions, fairs and publications
- Barriers to enterprise development
Exports and foreign investment
- Effectiveness of the existing tools for export promotion and support in the new integrated model
- Polish foreign expansion – risks, concerns and the search for new ways
- Priority and promising directions of expansion – according to administration and business
- The Chinese market – new conditions and new possibilities
- Requirements on the part of customers in foreign markets. Quality and distribution; the role of logistics and transport
EU funds and the financing of investments
- Utilisation of development funds as a challenge for the region. How to invest in entrepreneurship and creativity effectively?
- Extra-large-scale infrastructure projects. Acceleration after retardation?
- The future of the Operational Programme Eastern Poland
- The future of the financing of municipal and regional investment. What to expect after 2020?
The impact of cross-border co-operation on the development of Eastern Poland
- EU funds for the development of cross-border co-operation between Poland, Belarus and Ukraine
- Priority objectives: availability, security and culture
- Large-scale infrastructure projects
- Economic effects of cross-border contacts on a local and regional scale
- The future of local border traffic
A gateway to the East. Transport, infrastructure and trade
- Eastern Poland at the crossroads of transcontinental routes (Via Carpatia, Via Baltica and the New Silk Road)
- Key investments in the transport infrastructure of the macro-region (roads and railways). Plans, implementation and financing
- Logistics centres in Eastern Poland versus international trade
- Modern logistics facilities. Desired projects. New warehouse space?
The quality of law and its impact on economic activity
- Business-friendly law. New assumptions and government proposals for streamlining
- Simplifying the law within the scope of: Tax Law, Labour Law, Customs Code and Commercial Code
- Administrative decisions in the field of Construction Law and Environmental Law
- The way the justice system operates
- Economic self-government and its role
Self-governance and regional development
The role and system of local government in Poland
- Legislative changes pertaining to local government. A threat or a fresh impetus?
- The role of voivodes – making a concerted effort to improve Eastern Poland
- Public consultation How to strengthen the dialogue?
- Finance of local governments – unsolved problems
- The position of local government in Poland
The untapped potential of smaller cities and towns. Quality of life matters
- Cittaslow – small cities and towns as alternatives to bustling conurbations. What does it mean to be ‘a city of good life’?
- The quality of life in smaller cities and towns: Green areas, recreation, and what else? The role of local governments in the implementation of the pro-family policy
- Heritage as a way to promote a given place – historical, cultural and culinary routes
- Financing of investments that improve the quality of life; smart cities
Partnership between cities – an outpost of good contiguity and economic co‑operation
- Twin towns and sister cities: What to do so that the partnership does not remain ‘a paper agreement’ only?
- A partner from the East – good practice and edifying failures
- From culture to social integration to the economy – various faces of partnership
- A mayor becoming an ambassador – and an ambassador becoming a mayor
PPP – the role of private and infrastructure investment in the development of the eastern regions
- A change of policy towards the PPP. Regulations and facilities. Waiting for the results
- Is it easier or more difficult to establish partnership between local governments and business in Eastern Poland?
- To catch up with the ‘Grade A’ Poland: There is no way of achieving this goal without the help of private enterprises. The risk worth taking
- Sources of financing of investments – EU funds and bank loans
- Infrastructure investments for improving the quality of life of inhabitants
Mieszkanie Plus (‘Housing Plus’)
- Residential construction in Poland
- Demographic challenges. Mieszkanie Plus (‘Housing Plus’) and revitalisation as an opportunity for the young
- Practice and implementation: The role of local governments, Polish government and developers
- Regional diversification of the housing market. Economic and social conditions
Piękny Wschód (‘The Beautiful East’) – tourism and sport as an opportunity for the region
- Euro 2012 as a perfect example of co-operation with the East. How to repeat it?
- Eastern Poland – a perfect place for active recreation. How to tap into the potential of the region?
- Specialisation and promotion: What to attract tourists with?
- Tourism as a mainspring of cross-border co-operation – the potential, opportunities, and threats
Sustainable development. The environment and technologies
- The Natura 2000 network of protected areas. The mechanism of qualifying protected areas
- Projects in protected areas versus the degree of their protection. Common interests and contradictions
- Nature-friendly technologies – investments in compliance with the law and the environment
- The circular economy. The not-so-distant future
Humans, the labour market and entrepreneurship
Staff, education, the economy, and migrations. The labour market in Eastern Poland
- The labour market of Eastern Poland – demographic problems versus aspirations
- Co-operation between entrepreneurs, institutions of higher education and schools. Implementation of research and development works
- Jobs created by the innovative economy
- Demand for labour force versus migrations. How to keep one’s employees?
An employee from the East
- Labour force from beyond the eastern border of Poland in Polish enterprises/companies – experiences and prospects
- The role of the government and local governments in stimulating migration processes
- The labour law on employing foreigners and temporary work. Experience gained by business and inspection authorities
A business like a family
- Family businesses in the Polish economy as well as in the traditional social model of Eastern Poland
- Growth is a challenge, or the current problems experienced by medium-sized enterprises of a family origin
- Generational differences in management style. A revolution or evolution? The young at the helm of enterprises
- Problems related to succession, as well as its legal and social aspects
Women in the economy of the macro-region
- Employment structure in Eastern Poland, considering the professional as well as social and cultural situation of women. Women who hold managerial positions
- The causes of inequality between women and men on the road to promotion The ‘glass ceiling’, prejudices, and stereotypes
- Unemployment among women in Eastern Poland – characteristics of the phenomenon, its causes, and professional activation
Directions of development of the health care system in Poland
- New rules for the financing of health care services from public funds – budgeting, lump sums and tender procedures – an overview of opinions
- The system of basic hospital support for health care services (PSZ), or the so-called hospital chain, from the point of view of the voivodeships of Eastern Poland
- Maps of health needs: What scenarios can there be for the region?
- Primary health care, outpatient care services and hospital treatment: How to co‑ordinate patient care effectively?
- Amendments to the Act on Medical Activity – the expected consequences of the new regulations
Investment in health care
- The condition of health care infrastructure in the voivodeships of Eastern Poland – an assessment and main directions of investment undertakings
- The planning and course of investment processes – selected examples
- The Investment Proposal Assessment Tool in the Health Sector (IOWISZ) from the points of view of payers, managers and establishing bodies
- Sources of financing of health care investment – an exchange of experiences
- Involvement of private capital in the medical sector: Does it mean more possibilities or more barriers?
- Financing of research and development activity, and investment in the development of highly qualified staff in medicine
Sectors and industries
Energy in the East. How to ensure energy security?
- Investments versus needs. Situation of the energy industry in non-urbanised areas
- Renewable energy sources, distributed power generation, and energy clusters. A fresh impetus in the citizens’ energy industry – its potential impact on the security of energy supplies
- Should an obligation to ensure energy security be included in the Articles of Association of energy companies?
Energia Plus. New phenomena in the energy market
- Expansion of bundling. Price and product bundles/packages
- Prosumers as comprehensive customers Their needs versus the range of products and services offered by the energy industry
- Management services related to demand for capacity
- Energy storage and electromobility
- Changes in the heat market. Utilisation of waste for energy purposes
The future of the agri-food industry in Eastern Poland
- Agri-food specialisations of the macro-region of Eastern Poland
- The strong processing industry stimulates agricultural development along the Eastern Border of Poland
- Between tradition and innovation – the notion of innovative food
- Groups of fruit and vegetable producers – extreme opinions
- Consolidation and export consortia as an opportunity for the sector
Polish food – consolidation and expansion
- Building strong agri-food groups
- It is the end of simple price and cost advantages: The time has come for building Polish brands
- The future of exports to EU countries versus the growing risk of economic protectionism
- Effective forms of support for exports and foreign expansion. What chances are there for Polish producers in this regard?
Poland – Lithuania Economic Meetings
Co-operation in the fuels and energy sector: Towards common security. Cross-border projects in the road and rail infrastructure. How to move from vision to implementation? Production and services – specialisations and complementarity of both economies.
- The construction sector, thermo-modernisation and infrastructure, and chemistry and plastics – possibilities for Polish and Lithuanian companies/enterprises.
Poland – Belarus Economic Meetings
Poland has set its course towards invigorating the contacts with Belarus. Experiences resulting from the Eastern Partnership. Policy and the economy – pro-business initiatives taken by Belarus and the process of the country’s opening to the West. IPOs on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. The climate for Polish investors – returns, development, and new land. Belarus as a gateway to the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- Leaders of Tomorrow
- TOP – Investments of Eastern Poland
- TOP – Employers of Eastern Poland
- TOP – Start-up of Eastern Poland
Nowa Polityka Prywatności i klauzule informacyjne
W związku z odwiedzaniem naszych serwisów internetowych przetwarzamy Twój adres IP, pliki cookies i podobne dane nt. aktywności lub urządzeń użytkownika. Jeżeli dane te pozwalają zidentyfikować Twoją tożsamość, wówczas będą traktowane jako dane osobowe zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady 2016/679 (RODO).
Administratora tych danych, cele i podstawy przetwarzania oraz inne informacje wymagane przez RODO znajdziesz w Polityce Prywatności pod tym linkiem.
Jeżeli korzystasz także z innych usług dostępnych za pośrednictwem naszych serwisów, przetwarzamy też Twoje dane osobowe podane przy zakładaniu konta, rejestracji na eventy, zamawianiu prenumeraty, newslettera, alertów oraz usług online (w tym Strefy Premium, raportów, rankingów lub licencji na przedruki).
Administratorów tych danych osobowych, cele i podstawy przetwarzania oraz inne informacje wymagane przez RODO znajdziesz również w Polityce Prywatności pod tym linkiem. Dane zbierane na potrzeby różnych usług mogą być przetwarzane w różnych celach, na różnych podstawach oraz przez różnych administratorów danych.
Pamiętaj, że w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych przysługuje Ci szereg gwarancji i praw, a przede wszystkim prawo do sprzeciwu wobec przetwarzania Twoich danych. Prawa te będą przez nas bezwzględnie przestrzegane. Jeżeli więc nie zgadzasz się z naszą oceną niezbędności przetwarzania Twoich danych lub masz inne zastrzeżenia w tym zakresie, koniecznie zgłoś sprzeciw lub prześlij nam swoje zastrzeżenia pod adres email@example.com.
Zarząd PTWP ON-LINE Sp. z o.o.